Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet Explorer Problem

• Please log in to reply

slingshot

slingshot

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hi to all!

i have a problem here with my internet explorer, i cant open two window at the same time, like for example my first window is yahoo, then i need to open new window like msn if i open first is yahoo then msn, my internet explorer will just replace yahoo with msn, can someone help me with this. thanks a lot!

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Try this, in IE

TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > ADVANCED

scroll down the list to REUSE WINDOWS FOR LAUNCHING SHORTCUTS and uncheck

bdodd

bdodd

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Another thing you can do is

<ctrl> N

It opens IE in a new window. Initially it will have same page as you were on, but you can browse to different page without affecting your initial intance.

slingshot

slingshot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ei guys thanks, but i tried all your suggestions, just the same it didn't work. I used CTRL N to open a new IE still it just wiped out the other IE opened, i do also unchecked the "Reuse windows..." the return is still the same. now im using netscape. i just want to resolve this issue about my IE.