Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help me choose a graphics card and voltage info needed

• Please log in to reply

shadowmaniac

shadowmaniac

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I'm on the lookout for a new graphics card. I currently have an Asus AX300LE.

The following ones are basically all the choices I have:
EAX 600 XP – Asus ATI Radeon (128mb)
EAX 550 GE - Asus ATI Radeon (128mb)
Ge Force 6200 (128mb)
Ge Force 6600 (256mb)

I don't know which company makes the Ge-Force card though. I'll have to check it out when I get off work. I don't need an extremely powerful card, just something decent and somewhat better that my current card. Main reason for changing is that I'm having major heat issues with my current card.

Also, can someone plz give me a breakdown of what the various voltages (i'm using the software that came with my P5GD1 motherboard) mean? Somtimes, one or more voltages would be above or below the default threshold and it'll start beeping so, I'd like to know what they mean. Again, I don't have the info readily available but if you can provide some general advice, that'd be awesome. I'll post more later.

:tazz:

Advertisements