Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Game Play errors in CoD2! Need help!

• Please log in to reply

GPacific

GPacific

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi
Iv installed cod2 successfuly but the problem is that the game play graphics is totally screwed up!
The sounds runs normal, and the game runs smooth and i can shot an everything but its continously gunky :-S
Iv got a 6600GT running so it cant be my graphics card. I have no clue what the problem is.
Any one know? Iv atached a screenshot to show you wat its like.

Attached Thumbnails

• shot0002.jpg

Advertisements

GPacific

GPacific

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Heres some more screenshots.

Attached Thumbnails

• shot0001.jpg
  • shot0000.jpg

timbo00

timbo00

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I've encountered a similar problem on Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (a while ago). The solution was a new graphics card, but in this case the graphics card would not seem to be a problem... Try lowering some graphics settings especially anti-aliasing.

GPacific

GPacific

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you for your addvise :tazz: Can you please tell me what anti-aliasing is?
I think iv found out what the solution is anyway, im thinking that my power supply unit for my pc is 300Watts MAX and i think a power supply thats needed for a 6600GT is 300Watt min..... So yea..

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
All I know is that anti-aliasing really slows down a game... And I don't notice a difference really if I have it on or off, but it really slows down the game.

I don't know much about what its suppose to do or anything, but it does slow things down.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
launch the game, go into your video settings and check the box for "force dx7".
this should resolve your issues.

I would recomend that you reinstall dx9.0c and download the latest drivers from nvida.com.