Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Security Settings?

• Please log in to reply

scottish_glen

scottish_glen

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I've been recently getting a pop up box when i log into any SSL website (e.g. hotmail and ebay) through IE that says that the security certificate is invalid or out of date and do i want to continue yes or no etc. I'm pretty sure it's not a spyware problem i think its something to do with a setting on Internet Explorer. Can anyone tell me how to stop this problem as its driving me up the wall!!!

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
hello and welcome to geekstogo,
i'm sorry about the long response time to your request.
Can you be a little more spacific abvout this security certificate and i'll try and help you from there.
thanx
James Sager

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
first i whould like to thanks james for brining this one up in the que, and i hope i am not butting in james, but i saw Johanna fix this problem yesterday so i just wanted scottish glen to try it.

IE> Tools> Internet Options> Content> Certificates
add the one you need manually.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
no prob. i was stumped on this one and i was going to do some research to check it out. Hopefully this'll work.
thanx
James

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
james we are a team :tazz: :)