Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

scrunchomatic

scrunchomatic

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I open up Windows XP and just as things are starting to load C:\Windows\System32\Default>shutdown -t 00 with some other switch that Go too fast for me to see kicks in and shuts the computer down. If it is a virus they got that off. I looked through the System 32 directory and saw the shutdown program and read about it some how the shutdown program kicks in with a zero second delay and I don't know where to change the setting. I thought that it was a prefetch item but it was not as I saved the prefetch folder to another spot and then cleaned that out....NO luck. I haven''t been able to get my computer to load in two days. Although I am learning a lot more about windows XP than I bargained for. TIA for your sage insight into this problem. [SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]

Advertisements