Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant play DVD on either Media Centre or Media Player

• Please log in to reply

Mrbigchop

Mrbigchop

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Suddenly can't play DVDs or watch the TV in Media Centre or watch DVD's in Windows Media Player10. It crashes the programmes. Although I can listen to songs in media player from the WMP library.

Tried a system restore but that now only goes back as far as September even though the PC is nealry 2 years old.

Used Xoftspy and registry mechanic to clean up but have had no effect on the DVDs or TV problem.

Been at this for days and now need some expert help from you guys.

Any ideas??

Thanks for reading even if you can't help.

Best regards
Mr Big Chop

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
try re-installing tghe dvd playback software you got with the dvd-rom or computer (windvd, power-dvd)

Mrbigchop

Mrbigchop

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I'll give that a go, thanks.

Mrbigchop

Mrbigchop

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have searched everywhere and cannot find the original windows media centre installation disc to reload it. Any ideas if I can get it elsewhere, or do I have to buy a new one?

What a numpty! :tazz:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
who made your pc?

Go to their website and look for something like
NVIDIA PureVideo Decoder

under support/downloads/drivers

Most, maybe all, Windows Media Centre pre-built PCs use the Nvidia Card. There was an update fairly recently and installing that may address your isse