Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't un-install Zoo Vet Demo

• Please log in to reply

sweetbeast

sweetbeast

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Can anyone help me? I downloaded a demo of the game Zoo Vet for my kids. I've tried to uninstall all the files. Everything goes away except for an icon on my desktop which is the launcher program for the demo.

When I try to throw it in the trash, I get the message: "Cannot delete ZooVet-dm: it is being used by another person or program. Close any program that might be using the file and try again"

I've tried to delete the file in safemode (as administrator) and didn't have any luck!

Advertisements

Seven!

Seven!

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
I'm assuming that the icon on your desktop is a shortcut - find out where it points. Open up the task manager (CTRL - ALT - DELETE, or right click on the Start bar (not the button)) and look for any processes that might be using that program. Shut down that process, then attempt to continue deletion.

sweetbeast

sweetbeast

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
How can I tell which file (image name) belongs to this application? There are none that read Zoovet.exe. Also, there are no applications running under that banner.
Thanks

Seven!

Seven!

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Go to Start -> Run -> Type "msconfig" (no quotes). Click on the Startup tab and look for any program related to Zoo Vet. If you find one, disable it, apply changes, and restart. Then attempt to delete the program.

If you find that the program re-enabled itself, you can delete the startup entry completely with CCleaner - http://www.filehippo...nload_ccleaner/

Run CCleaner, click on Tools -> Startup, and remove it from there.