Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Girls

• Please log in to reply

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hi everyone. I have found myself in the worse position. Now its not a matter of who I am going to pick, cause I have made my choice bout that already. (My Friend of course) It the hard question of how can I have both.

Ok, you probly dont find many cases like these but, unfortunatly i found myself in one. It all start when a friend of mine says that he is going to go out with a girl he really likes (Jina), his known her for years but hasnt really got with her. So he askes me if i would like to go with because Jina is bringing a friend (Amanda). So i say ye and we aventually get together but I can feel that Jina and I have some kind of chemistry going on. But I resist and dont do anything bout it and leave it alone. My friend then calls me the next day and tells me that Jina likes me more than she likes him. I thought he was joking for a while, but.... :) So now comes the part where all of you try to help me.

I really do like Jina and she is great, butiful and very easy to talk to (Im a really really shy guy :tazz: ) but with her im just myself. Many girls that I have known i just havnt been able to be myself. So everyone i wanted to hear your oppinions on how do I solve this problem.

My friend is my best friend, but i like Jina too :P . I wish he never liked her. But cant blame him.

Sorry for this being very long and kinda childish. Thanks for reading I hope someone with similar problem could help me out here, just anyone all your comments are really appretiated.

:) :) :woot:

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Go for the girl, if your friend cant take it he isnt as good a friend as you think he is.

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts

My friend then calls me the next day and tells me that Jina likes me more than she likes him.

Given that your friend already told you this, just be upfront with him, tell him what you intend to do and then as warriorscot put it, "Go for the Girl"

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

My friend then calls me the next day and tells me that Jina likes me more than she likes him.

'nuff said. Go for the girl! :tazz:

FLgirl

FLgirl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Take it from me, you only live once and when you find someone that you have that chemistry with you should go for it! As you get older, those "chemical reactions" happen less and less. I have been in the same situation (my best friend and my boyfriend fell in love) and my friend is still my friend but neither one of us knows what ever happened to the guy - even though they were together for 4 years. If this guy is really your best friend, he should understand.
Good luck! I hope it works out.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Well, guys...has anyone thought of asking Jina what she thinks? She might like Bob...LOL

Johanna

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
ye you right, when you say bob i assume my other friend. I am sure she does like Bob, but why would then she say she likes me too??? Girls are very confusing and i think all the guys will agree with me on that. (No obfence)

Edited by spike_hacker_inc, 30 December 2005 - 06:10 PM.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
No, by "Bob" I just meant some other guy entirely. Girls are very confusing...and we are like that by design. When you aren't looking, we laugh and snicker with our girlfriends about you guys. We are complicated, mysterious, impossible to predict and apt to change our minds with no warning. If you are smart, you will let a woman "win" every argument, and remember, no matter what you do, if we are in the mood, it will be wrong. But cheer up...we have our positives, too. Somehow, that seems to make up for everything else. Talk to the girl directly, and let her guide you.

Johanna

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

We are complicated, mysterious, impossible to predict and apt to change our minds with no warning

That one i knew 100%. :)

If you are smart, you will let a woman "win" every argument

Trust me we know that we will never win a woman, but its really fun trying. :)

But cheer up...we have our positives, too

Cook!!! :woot:

Talk to the girl directly

Every girl deserves to be talken to directly and be treated like a queen. :tazz:

Jina still doesnt know how i feel about her though, its going to take alot of guts from me to tell her.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Liberal amounts of alcohol help nerves, either that or beta blockers. But you wont need either because hidden inside every geek are great big balls of steel.

Advertisements

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Girls are very confusing and i think all the guys will agree with me on that.

:) yes they are.... I can be the FIRST to tell you that one. :) :tazz:

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
A girl wouldn't go out with another friend's old boyfriend or someone she was once interested in.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Muscles, nice cars and money don't impress girls. Girls (women) are attracted to honesty, thoughtfulness, humor, and sincerity. If you have to get a girl drunk to get her attention, did you win a prize? Smart girls could care less about flash, if the man is genuine and kind he will get attention.

Take Jina aside one day and say, "I really enjoy the time we spend together. If you are free, I would like us to get to know each other better." Then you could tell her a bit about yourself, and what you'd like to do. Don't ask questions that can be answered by a yes or no- and listen to her answers. She will let you know if she is interested in seeing more of you, and she will think you a gentleman for "formally" asking her for her consideration. If she is a classy lady, even if she is not looking at you that way, she will tell you without wrecking the friendship you currently enjoy. You sound like a decent guy. If Jina is paying attention, she's noticed you.

Johanna

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

Don't ask questions that can be answered by a yes or no- and listen to her answers.

Great advice. Ask open ended questions, and then SHUTUP and LISTEN! :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Nod your head when appropriate occasionaly smile polite laugh, occasionally if you see an oppertunity steer the conversation to something that will wind it up otherwise they go on longer than the energiser bunny.