Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Firefox Downloading

• Please log in to reply

K-Dawg

K-Dawg

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
is there anyway to do anything equilvalent to doing save target as in firefox as you can do in IE?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
There's an option in Firefox - right click and "Save Link As" does the same job.

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
yeah but some sites only support save link as in IE and you get the wrong file type if you do it in firefox. whenever I go to one of those sites I have to reopen it in IE. its sad :tazz:

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
What files are you trying to download? Share an URL?

The Firefox method works for executables, (zips, runnable files, etc) and web pages.

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
ah just from disreputable mp3 download sites :tazz: it downloads a mp3 file that's only 4kb when the whole thing is supposed to be a much bigger file. I find that this happens on some sites but most of the time 'save link as' will work perfectly.