Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Computer is REAL messed up

• Please log in to reply

aronb89

aronb89

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
My computer is VERY VERY messed up, I don't even know how to describe it. First of all, I can't change the backround of my computer. It won't let me change it. I had it set to a picture, but now all it says is this big red screen with a black text box in the center. The text box says that I have viruses and spyware and all that crap and says that I should buy Spyraze or something like that. The thing is, I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE THIS MESSAGE CAME FROM OR HOW TO GET RID OF IT!!! Also, every time I try to access the task manager it says that the administrator has disabled it, only I'M the administrator and DIDN'T disable it. There's also these two red circles with white X's on them on the right end of my task bar next to my clock and they keep telling me that I have spyware and that if I click on them then windows will install something to get rid of them, only when I click on them nothing happens!! AND my internet is screwed up too!! My homepage never goes where I want it to go.

I know SOMETHINGS wrong, but I don't know how to find out or how to get rid of it. Would it be better if I just reset my computer or just cleared EVERYTHING? And if I did that, could I save the files that I still wanted??? PLEASE HELP!!! ANYBODY!!!!

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hi aronb89, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

First download "Hijackthis" (click link) once you have downloaded that program, do a scan with log, and save the log in "Malware Removal - HiJackThis Logs Go Here" Forum. A Geeks To Go Trusted Staff will help you get your computer running back to shape.

Goodluck. :tazz:

aronb89

aronb89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thank you VERY much!!!