Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

98SE monitor issue

• Please log in to reply

dmm39

dmm39

• Pip
  • 1 posts
speakers didn't work and had before. I went to my computer-system-device hardware. saw that the speakers had an ! and opened it. Ran the config thing on it and the msg was that there was too many other hardware using what the speakers needed. One was "diamond star A200 Windows 98" the other "printer". The diamond said that it was an unknown device and didn't look like it was being used. Hadn't used the printer in a long time and didn't need it so I disabled both. Sooooooo. Now when I turn on computer the blue screen with the Windows 98 comes up and it loads. But before the desktop icons comes on a msg in a box says "power saving on. Monitor will shut down in 2 seconds". Or a box with self test and monitor is working comes on. I went into safe mode and the monitor stays on. I went to desktop to the energy tab but this didn't change anything. i tried to turn on the diamond but because it was in safe mode I couldn't enable it. I enabled the printer but that didn't work. There is no other device plugged into it or anyplace to plug another device on it. Oh by the way - the speakers now work!!
Thanks[/size]

Edited by dmm39, 30 December 2005 - 08:03 PM.

Advertisements