Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dead Mobo?

• Please log in to reply

jakehbk

jakehbk

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I'm trying to get my computer to work. I just installed a new HSF but when I turn it on, everything powers on but nothing happens on my moniter. It really sucks and it was working fine before. I did that whole take your mobo out and use it on a cardboard box but still I get nothing

Specs
ECS PF5 Extreme LGA775
Pentium D 820
XFX 7800 GT
2 GB OCZ DDR2 667

Edited by jakehbk, 30 December 2005 - 09:45 PM.

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Do you have another video card you could try? Make sure the video card is seated correctly.

Reseat the ram and try it with just one stick

Check the 20/24 pin connection from the psu to mobo is tight
Check the 4 pin connection from psu to mobo is tight

jakehbk

jakehbk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I tried it with my 5500, but I still get nothing... :tazz:

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
it is possible the board got damaged from the pressure needed to install the hs, the board flexes and bad things can happen when installing a hs inside the case.

Check every connection and every jumper that they did not fall off or are loose, wiggle the jumpers a bit maybe something will happen.

Then I would disconnect all cards and drives and try and get it to post.

If nogo take out the cpu and reseat it, also check for bent pins. Keep in mind you will have to clean and reapply thermal paste