Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot "view as web page"

• Please log in to reply

melstepp

melstepp

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Beginning yesterday, when I view control panel, folders, etc., I only see a small box in the corner with a red "x" when I have "view as web page" checked as I usually do. I can only see what is in the folders if I change the view to list or details or icons.

Also, when I get online (SBC DSL), I also get the box with the "x" in several places, like the news headlines, etc. Any idea why this is happening now? I have not changed anything that I know of and I cannot figure out how to fix it.

Advertisements

melstepp

melstepp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Still experiencing this problem...any ideas out there?

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
What are your security settings?

tools>>internet options>>security>>>>internet>>custom level

melstepp

melstepp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It is set to the default level, which is medium.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I will have to go get on my 98 in a little bit. I'm not really sure what you are saying. Is the box in the upper left? Does it give you the options of minimizing, etc.?