Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[Ctrl] + [Enter] Keyboard Shortcut Inop

• Please log in to reply

SEBlake

SEBlake

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Good evening!!!

I have used the [Ctrl] + [Enter] Keyboard Shortcut for some time. I am not a fast typist - the shortcut helps!!

After the elimination of my popups (by Don77), I reinstalled IE. Now the functionality of the keyboard shortcut is missing.

I do not see how they are related...other than chronologically. :tazz:

Any assistance you could provide would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!!

< Steve >

Advertisements

jrom727

jrom727

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Sorry if this question might seem a d*mb one, But... on what application r u using ctrl + enter? Ms word??

Anyways,
Look here
http://www.hoax-slay...-shortcuts.html

But if you could please, let us know where are you using the ctrl + enter shortcut as it can be used / assigned by a user to (almost) any command.

Regards,
J

SEBlake

SEBlake

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Sorry for being vague.

I use the CTRL + Enter shortcut to complete URLs in Microsoft Internet Explorer.

I am having the same problem that Mariot posted on Dec 25, 2005 at 3:15pm. I remember reading the topic during my pop up problem, so I went back to your forum and spent time trying to locate her post. She has had no resolution so I decided to post the problem.

Your url provided no information other than informing me how I can create custom shortcuts. I have never done that.

Next step?

< Steve >

jrom727

jrom727

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Hi Steve,

sorry for the late reply. I see what you mean now, unfortunately I have limited ideas why the shortcut keys wont work in IE.

Make sure StickyKeys is off in Accessibilty Options.
Control Panel, Accessibility Options, Make sure the box to "Use Sticky Keys" isnt checked.

I thought there's a way to edit the shortcuts or some commands in IE, unfortunately, i dont know how and tried searching for it and didnt obtain the answer.

Lastly, did u know that Firefox offers the same option(s) or shortcut(s)? and as many of us knows that Firefox is a better option than IE.

You can download Fx here: Posted Image
And keyboard shortcuts info can be found here: http://www.mozilla.o...irefox/keyboard

Hope someone knows how to get around the issue you have, but better yet, start using firefox > Posted Image.

Regards, :tazz:
j