Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Registry Cleaning Software Advice.

• Please log in to reply

undun40cal

undun40cal

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
I'm looking for suggestions on a good, cheap, maybe even free registry cleaning software. I need something that wouldnt screw up my pc. thanks :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The registry cleaning is done using scan for issues, if there are issues to fix, press fix selected issues, you will then be offered the option to make a back up, always do this and save them to a sepearte folder, named by date so you can find them easily, it is likely to be the most recent one(s) which will need to be restored

If you click options, settings then you can tick so it runs the cleaner, (not the registry cleaner) when you boot the PC

http://www.filehippo...nload_ccleaner/

Hai Mac

Hai Mac

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
CCleaner is good, but for registry stuff, IMHO BeClean is better.