Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video problem with a Gateway Solo 1450

• Please log in to reply

plastik

plastik

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've been asked to help figure out a problem for a friends computer. The only issue is, I've never worked with a notebook before, and have keep soley to Desktops. So I'm here for help

It's a 2002[I think] Gateway Solo 1450, and for somereason out of the blue the video output ... well stopped. There is no video even when it's hooked up to an external monitor. I did a little research and know the video is onboard of course, and that someone had a similiar issue and it was fixed by replacing the Inverter Board.

So the question is, is that the problem? Could it be somethign with the powersupply [ since it happened after the battery ran out while he was on it and after it was charged the video was dead], not proper wattage or a short? Or is it just the MB in gernal and should be sent to the graveyard?

Any help is greatly appreicated.

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
Not sure, but did you try selecting the video output? There is typically a key sequence which changes the video output: screen & video out, screen, video out. If you did not try this, then it could just be that the video output is not turned on.