Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Page Cannot Be Displayed

• Please log in to reply

Will Kaufman

Will Kaufman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello. This is my first posting to geekstogo. I have Windows XP, my ISP is Wandoo broadband. I recently upgraded my Norton Antivirus protection to the 2006 package. Frequently, when I've connected to (for instance) Hotmail, I get onto the site easily enough, but then a 'Page Cannot Be Displayed' sign shows where some pop-ups would normally go. When that happens, it is then impossible for me to navigate to any other page: I get the 'Page Cannot Be Displayed' sign wherever I attempt to go on the Internet. If I shut down and restart, the problem disappears - but then it is likely to recur a few days later. This never happened until I upgraded to Norton 2006.

Many thanks for any help!

Will Kaufman

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Have you tried running Norton's live update since you installed Norton 2006 av? Have you contacted Symantec support? You can do that by going to their web page. I suspect this is something they have a fix for (and don't be surprised if they say..."remove and re-install the program").