Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Serious Problem! Please Help....

• Please log in to reply

sal13

sal13

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Hi all,

Well i have a serious problem and hope that any of you would be able to help me...

It all started when At the bottom right of my computer I had a "white" X in a red circle that blinks into a globe with the Windows Globe telling me the following

You Computer is Infected

Dangerous malware infection was detected on you PC
The system will now dowload and install most efficient antimalware program to prevent data loss and your private information theft.

Click here to protect your computer from the biggest malware threats.

Also at that time i saw an icon on my desktop "spyaxe".

I am not a computer genius but can find my way around so i ran my norton 2006 and it detected trojan.zlob but said that it couldnt access the file..

I then did little research and found out that i had to remove it manually..

so i logged in safe mode and did a scan again..this time i found 3 trojan.zlob's on system but the antivirus again did not have access to the files...so i did a bit more research and found the following link:

http://tools.mcafeeh...395886&support=

And i followed it to the second step

" Once you are in Safe Mode with Networking do the following:"
Click Start button
Click Run
Enter the following text: C:\Windows\System32
A window with a list of files will appear.
Delete the following files from the window:
Note: To delete the files single click on the file so it is highlighted and then press the Delete key on the keyboard to delete.
mssearchnet.exe
mscornet.exe
nvctrl.exe
svchosts.dll
hpA75B.tmp or all the files similar to hpXXXX.tmp where X may be any character.
Note: If some files do not remove please reboot again and come back to Safemode with Networking and try removing the files again

I was able to delete all the files but as soon as i came back to the desktop in the safe mode i found to my shock that my toolbar at the bottom of the screen was gone...just vanished...

I then used keyboard shortcuts to log out of safe mode and log back in normal mode but i do not get the windows xp log on music anymore and my bottom toolbar is still missing...Also I have a Sony VAIO Laptop and get a vaio toolbar on the right side of the screen but that has vanished as well..

If i now go to my recycle bin & try and restore the items it does'nt work. (i just thought that restoring might bring my toolbar back etc.)

Just to check if my internet works i double clicked on the internet explorer and "page not found".....

Guys i need some serious help and would appreciate it very much...
Thanks for your time..

Sal :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
so after running step 2, you rebooted, rather than following step 3

Remove Spyware from Add/Remove Programs

then 4
DELETE REGISTRY KEYS
...etc

sal13

sal13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Hi,

Thanks for replying but the problem is that step 3 which is

"Remove Spyware from Add/Remove Programs" asks me to click on start key but i DONT have a start key anymore and there lies the problem. Please advise ....

Cheers

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
My point is that you REBOOTED your machine, rather than proceed to step 3, correct?

Step 2 does not end with reboot your machine

sal13

sal13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
The first time i was only able to delete 2 or 3 files but not all and it says in the second step that if are not able to delete the files then reboot and try again which i did and it worked...

What to do now???

sal13

sal13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
mate, this is my first thread/use of this forum so excuse me if i aint able to understand/explain myself ...

Cheers

sal13

sal13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
any suggestions anyone??

sal13

sal13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
just bumping to see if anyone can help me regarding this..

Cheers

sal13

sal13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
because you ask for feedback :

i have had no help or suggestions except the 2 posts to which i replied....

QUITE DISAPPOINTED!!!

horussemerkhet

horussemerkhet

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am also having this issue and I am posting my hijack log below, please tell me how to save myself!!!

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 6:33:35 PM, on 1/9/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Date Manager\DateManager.exe
C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Shadow\ShadowBar.exe
C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Program\BackWeb-137903.exe
C:\Program Files\Webshots\WebshotsTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://us5.hpwis.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://dslstart.verizon.net/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.comcast.net
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://srch-us5.hpwis.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://us5.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://search.search...look=stmpl1&fw=
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://search.search...look=stmpl1&fw=
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Verizon Online
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {00A6FAF6-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\SrchAstt\1.bin\MWSSRCAS.DLL (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Norton Internet Security 2006 - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {A8F38D8D-E480-4D52-B7A2-731BB6995FDD} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &hp toolkit - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - C:\HP\EXPLOREBAR\HPTOOLKT.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: Verizon Broadband Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-D0FC-E57AF4D5FA7D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\VERIZO~1\SFP\vzbb.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security 2006 - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {C4069E3A-68F1-403E-B40E-20066696354B} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MyWebSearch Email Plugin] C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\mwsoemon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] c:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WkDetect.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MyWebSearch Email Plugin] C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\mwsoemon.exe
O4 - Startup: MyWebSearch Email Plugin.lnk = C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSOEMON.EXE
O4 - Startup: Webshots.lnk = C:\Program Files\Webshots\WebshotsTray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: CorelCENTRAL 10.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Date Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\Date Manager\DateManager.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp center UI.lnk = C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Shadow\ShadowBar.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp center.lnk = C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Program\BackWeb-137903.exe
O4 - Global Startup: MyWebSearch Email Plugin.lnk = C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSOEMON.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: PrecisionTime.lnk = C:\Program Files\PrecisionTime\PrecisionTime.exe
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - c:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyviewer.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .pdf: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\nppdf32.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.comcast.net
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Internet Security Password Validation (ccISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\comHost.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Protection Center Service (NSCService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AVScan (SAVScan) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe