Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No More Desktop?

• Please log in to reply

Twilight

Twilight

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Recently, while running some spyware removal tools (Adaware), and rebooting my pc, I noticed that I intially have a loaded desktop, but then it disappears and I see nothing other than my desktop background. I can't use the run command, and I can't bring up any other windows whatsoever (Windows Task Manager, etc.). I'm currently running in safe mode, and this works fine for tweaking and posting on these forums, but I'd like to be able to use my computer for normal things again. I suspect that a program is running at startup and somehow disabling my ability to view windows of any type, but I'm not sure what. Anybody who can help me, I'd appreciate the help as quickly as possible. Thanks.

Advertisements

Halo

Halo

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Ok listen i had this problem too first at all oppen Task Manager and press file new and run from Antivirus(i use from Panta Titanium)
The cdexp.exe (Browse from cd) I hope i helpd