Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

New Motherboard and graphics card for BF2

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
read in the forums that there is no pci card that can run battlefield 2 on anything better than poor quality. So.............. i have no choice but to upgrade the pc. Parents wont let me buy a new one because they say" yours works fine you dont need a new one" What kind of motherboard do i need to buy that will have a pci X or agp slot to take a new card. I dont want to have to change everything in my pc just want to switch boards and plug in everything back where it goes.

Its a dell dimension 2300 2350 series p4 2.2 ghz i have 512 mb 184 pin ddr (i dont want to have to change my mem) i dont know much about PCs but i did put my pc in a new case when my old dell case didnt fit 2 hard drives.

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
What socket is your current motherboard? 478? You could download PC Wizard 2006 (http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php) and find out.

I warn you, if the South Bridge chipset on your new motherboard is different (ie, Via versus SiS), then you will have to reformat.