Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

touchpad scroll programs?

• Please log in to reply

FireLily

FireLily

• Pip
  • 7 posts
when i first got my Inspiron 8600 it had a program installed or something, so that when you used the touchpad, you could scroll with it. you held your finger down and moved it down or across to scroll.

thanks to dell's "fine" manufacturing, my hard drive crashed aprrox 3 weeks after i got it. so i needed to get a new harddrive.. which i didnt get with any programs installed.

i tried searching around, but google wasnt much help when i looked.

anyone know of any similar programs? i really liked that scroll feature. :tazz:

Advertisements

Seven!

Seven!

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
I would update your drivers - did Dell include a drive disc for it (though I know your CD-Rom drive isn't working)?

You can also check the Dell website for Drivers.

Seven!

Seven!

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Yup, here are the drivers - http://support.dell....0&os=WW1&osl=EN

FireLily

FireLily

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
that's just the regular pad driver. nothing included regarding the scroll thingy.