Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Impossible to remove registry entry

• Please log in to reply

gaus

gaus

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys,

I tried everything: manually deleting the entry in normal and safe mode. I even scanned the registry with antispam software, used registry cleaners (like cccleaner) or even followed the recommenation given in a similar thread: downloaded and used tune up 2006 free trial. Nothing. The funny thing is that when I tried to delete the entry using tuneup (tune up registry editor) the program froze and gave me the non-responding message. Gee, that entry is though, like Kerio Firewall!!!

What else is left. Maybe using notepad and inserting a program to cancel that entry, but I don't know how to do that. I am not looking forward to reinstall windows. Maybe a clean reboot of Windows will fix it????Any ideas.

All help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Gaus.

The entry is : HKey_Local_Machine/system/enum/root/legacy_fwdrv/0000/DeviceDesc REG_SZ Kerio Personal Firewall.

Advertisements