Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Security Settings

• Please log in to reply

sold2u

sold2u

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

In the last few months, I have had an intermittent problem with downloading. If I want to access a pdf file from a website or access audio, I get a dialogue box that says "my current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded". When I go into internet options or control panel to try and lower my security setting, it will usually tell me that the recommended security setting for my zone is "medium" and will not accept the change. I once defeated this problem by turning off windows firewall, but that doesn't work anymore. I suspect I need to enable or disable something in custom security settings in control panel, but nothing I have found yet seems to do the job. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help. Happy new year.

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
hi sold2u! Welcome to Geeks To Go!!!!

do you have any other kind of antimalware program on your computer besides the basic ones that cam with the OS?

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
hello,
Firstly if you still have your firewall unabled please reenable it (only have one firewall running at a time) and what browser are you curently using?
thanx
James

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Tools> Internet Options> Security> (make sure you highlight this globe) Internet > Custom Settings

make sure you have downloads enabled.

Johanna