Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows not always loading

• Please log in to reply

Nait Dawg

Nait Dawg

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I can almost certainly say that both drives are bad.....thats terrible luck, but again....thats SATA for you. Unreliable crap if you ask me. *laughs*

Advertisements

Grantax

Grantax

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really ... ("really" x9999...) ... really hope you're right about that.

I'll just have to keep getting new harddrives from them until one is working.

Nait Dawg

Nait Dawg

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Well as one who fixes computers for a living and sees roughly 100-150 computers a month in and out of my shop....I'd say....the clicking is a definate bad drive....BUT...if they were both on the same cable...change the cable next time...just to be on the safe side if you know what I mean. The cable could short it out. And so could the power molex.

Grantax

Grantax

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
I've tried another sata cable, as I said before.
But I've used the same power molex both times... (If power molex means the power cable)

Edited by Grantax, 03 February 2006 - 03:31 PM.

Nait Dawg

Nait Dawg

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

I've tried another sata cable, as I said before.
But I've used the same power molex both times... (If power molex means the power cable)

It does.

Grantax

Grantax

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Problem gone after new harddrive (I thought), I installed windows (with RAID), after a month, I formatted my computer (got rid of RAID), then installed windows again.
And now, the lovely ticking is back.
I have to get rid of this problem.