Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random Reboots Continue

• Please log in to reply

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
I've been having this random reboot problem on my PC and through the help of gerrf and many others I realise the error code I got from Event Viewer "iviVD" is quite possibly the abbrievation of "InterVideo Virtual Device", which is probably part of the InterVideo DVD Copy I installed days ago.

The problem is, I uninstalled InterVideo DVD Copy last night in the hope that it'd solve the problem. After the uninstallation and reboot, I checked under My Computer. To my surprise, the virtual drive "DVD Drive (G)" was still there.

This morning when I got up the computer was rebooted again. I checked Event Viewer under Adminstrative Tools in Control Panel, the reboot was caused by the same problem "iviVD" (which most possibly came with InterVideo DVD Copy but I already uninstalled it).

Could anyone plz help? If the existance of the extra DVD virtual drive is causing the random reboots, how do I get rid of it? Thanx

PS- gerrfy, hope you're reading this post :tazz:
Happy New Year everyone. cheers

Advertisements