Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Partition Magic's Drive Mapper

• Please log in to reply

waynerr

waynerr

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello Everyone,

I added a partition using PM. That went fine. I originally had C: & D:, so I had to use Drive Mapper. I mapped to D:, but when asked, I unchecked to map to C:. I really screwed up.

Now I can not find a way to go back and map to C:. Does anyone here know of a way to do this ? Is there a registry hack, or something ?

Any help will be Greatly Appreciated. I feel I messed up horribly. If there is any way out Please volunteer .

Partition Magic Magic 4.0
Windows 98SE

Thank You So Kindly,

waynerr

Advertisements

waynerr

waynerr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello again Everyone,

I have done very little with the system. I have added nothing to the new partition (E:). Do you think that deleting E: and recreating it will take care of things, or create more problems.

As I see it, E: is mapped to D:, but C: has no knowledge of E:. Something has to be done. I am just not sure what.

Any advice you can offer will be taken Very Gratefully.

Thank You,

waynerr

imabrickwall

imabrickwall

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I'm curious about this program as I have heard about it. What is the benefit in creating more harddrive partitions? Just for the sake of organization?