Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Install New Hardware & Security Alert Problem

• Please log in to reply

zenrox

zenrox

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi Geeks to Go,
Recently I updated my Symantec Antivirus through LiveUpdate. I don't know if this is the why I keep getting a Windows Security Alert but I keep getting this statement: "Symantec Antivirus reports that it is installed, but its status is unknown..."

I run version 8 Corporate Edition Scan Engine 4.2.0.7 with virus definition 2005-12-30 rev 4.
I've ran LiveUpdate several times and have Windows Firewall and AutoUpdates on.

My second problem is a Install New Hardware wizard that seems to appear every time I boot to desktop. I tried installing audio drivers and reinstall/uninstalling several times which may have attributed to the problem. In the Device Manager it is is a PCI Device (not really sure what it is) which has always been there but after uninstall and finding the hardware again, the wizard just appears over and over again even though I check the box not to ask to install again.

Thanks,
zenrox

Advertisements

zenrox

zenrox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Bumping my message just in case nobody saw it. :tazz:

zenrox

zenrox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
--

Edited by zenrox, 04 July 2006 - 05:00 PM.