Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help...with Boot up

• Please log in to reply

vitaliy101

vitaliy101

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Well im back with a brand new quest. I have a Asus a8n-Sli series motherboard...after i install my windows sp2 OS everything works perfectly fine and it boots up fast..My mobo came with a CD thats NVIDIA nForce4 SLI Series support CD Rev.99.06 after i install any of the drivers off this cd like the chipset driver during boot up on the Windows Logo part my harddrive makes some kind of click sound thats not to loud and it takes forvever to boot..sometimes it stays on the windows logo for like 30-40seconds...i uninstalled the Drivers and it passes the logo screen in like 3 secs and no sounds from my HD...but now i dont have n e drivers..Could someone plz help out this is really bugging me :tazz:

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
there has been 3 times that i remember having problems booting the computer after installing new drivers for Nvidia video cards. All three times i did NOT delete the old drivers before installing the new ones. Nvidia will not delete the original video drivers when you install new ones so there is a problem when XP tried to read both sets of drivers. What i do is delete the old drivers in control panel, then install the new drivers, then reboot the computer. XP will see the new drivers and load them.

SRX660

vitaliy101

vitaliy101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
thnx man u really helped this computer is a beast and a half now....it boots in less then 15 secs woot :tazz: