Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

nero update problem

• Please log in to reply

Agentx2

Agentx2

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
i get this error

Nero Product Setup

Instalation canot create necessary temporary files in folder 'C:\DOCUME~1\carl\LOCALS~1\Temp\Nero7.tmp\Cab\Tmp'. Please check if you have write permission for this folder.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Are you using Nero 6 or 7

Click start then run, type %TEMP% then press enter, click edit, select all, right click any file, click delete, it will delete some then you will need to delete the others manually, though some will give access denied and will not go.

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit, select all, right click any file, click delete, confirm then reboot

Get the Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run Tune up disc clean up and then Tune Up registry clean up

Click optimize to run Reg Defrag, which needs a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

If you are using Nero 7 then download it here

http://www.filehippo...nero_7_premium/

If you are using Nero 6 then try updating it

Agentx2

Agentx2

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Nero7.tmp- u couldnt tell?

Agentx2

Agentx2

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
where do i click edit? can u rearrage your post? or words. i dont have a edit option i have a rename option.- and i have cleaned up over 80 regristrys already. is that really nessacery? and i have already optimized my system with reg. mechannic. and i have dsl lite which dl at 152 to 168 kb/s average. do i still need that thingy?

Edited by Agentx2, 01 January 2006 - 09:25 PM.

Agentx2

Agentx2

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
so still go through this process and can you plz edit your psts so i could understand them a bit better?-ive never done this type of stuff before and this is the biggest update ive ever gotten its bigger than nero!

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
lets see if this simplifies things...

To clear temp folders
  • Click START
  • Click RUN
  • Type in "%TEMP%" (without the quotes), and press OK
    Your temporary folder will open.
  • Click EDIT
  • Click SELECT ALL
  • Press the DELETE key on your keyboard.
it will delete some then you will need to delete the others manually, though some will give access denied and will not go.

To clear out your Prefetch folder, follow the steps above, substituting "prefetch" (without the quotes) for "%TEMP%"

Reboot your computer.

Download the Tune Up 2006 Trial, and install it.

Run the "Disc Clean Up", followed by the "Registry Clean up"

Click on "Optimize" and then click on "Registry Defrag". This will require a reboot.

When Windows has started back up, open Tune Up.

Click on Optimize, followed by System Optimizer to Optimize Computer. From the drop down menu, select "Computer with an internet connection". This step will also require a reboot.

When Windows is back, open Tune up and click Optimize followed by System Optimizer to accelerate downloads. Select the speed that if just above your real speed. This will require a reboot as well.

When Windows is back, click Optimize, followed by System Optimizer and run System Advisor.

After all that is done, click here to update the latest Nero 7. It will take approx. 10 minutes to download.

Please reply in this thread if you have any questions concerning this.

Agentx2

Agentx2

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
again for the 2nd time. i dont have a edit option i have a rename option would 4 be replaced with 5 edit=rename. what would i rename?(? off topic would this site help me more?-http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=33&threadid=1658987&enterthread=y

what do u think or yall think?

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
edit should be at the top of the window (file...edit...view...etc.)
as for malware...i dont think the trip is necessary yet.

-Ryan

Agentx2

Agentx2

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
well i ran these and removed nearly 20 to 30 malware programs from files, programs and regristries. my pc reboots in 20 seconds or less. is was 4 min. these programs helped alot. i went from lowest to higest http://www.anti-spyware-reviews.net/.

Agentx2

Agentx2

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
took me nearly 35 hrs to go and fix everything. it was alot of tedious work.