Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

56 K modem problem

• Please log in to reply

the70sin2005

the70sin2005

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
ok i got a modem and put it in the pci slot (1) then installed all the stuff and put in my phone # and everything for it my IP is USOL and it wont work it says: Error 633: The modem (or other connecting device) is already in use or is not configured properly. >and it was configured properly and what not and i closed all the applications yet it wont let me connect to the internet!

Advertisements

the70sin2005

the70sin2005

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
I NEED HELP I MUST GET ONTO THE INTERNET FOR UPDATES QUICKLY!

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
Welcome to geeks to go!!!
first off, dont reply to your own thread all that does is slow us down, we look for unread posts first. second are you sure that the phone line isnt busy? check to make sure everything that dosent have to do with the computer is working before you adress the problems with the computer. hope this helps

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
can you right click on my computer > manage > device manager...do you see any yellow ? or !

the70sin2005

the70sin2005

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
i already did that and there was no yellow question mark it says that it is working properly it just wont let me connect its like my sound card (thats another problem of mine different post)