Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New system - no video

• Please log in to reply

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
The standoffs you are using, did they come with the case?

The rear panel ports, how do they line up? good? Or do they seem to be a bit high?

Whats the name of the case? Better yet post a link.

If the standoffs are to tall it is possible that the video card is not fully seated because it would hang up where you attach the screw near the back of the case.

Some cases do not use standoffs, linkworld makes some that have little mounds (best way I can discribe it) that the board mounts to and if you would use standoffs the board would sit to high and the rear ports would not line up properly and any cards would be very hard to seat properly.

Rick

Advertisements

Derek B

Derek B

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
The standoffs you are using, did they come with the case? Yes

The rear panel ports, how do they line up? good? Or do they seem to be a bit high? good, slide right in, also tried without this panel.

Whats the name of the case? Better yet post a link. A-top tech. A-top case

i have like 3 or 4 screws in the mobo and cardboard still behind it... it is working so far. i dont wanna keep it like this though.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Well Derek I am about out of ideas without actually seeing it.

I would think its either a standoff in the wrong place and touching the underside of the board or the video card ain't fully seated but I am sure you already checked for these.

keep me posted if you try anything else and when you figuare it out.

sorry Rick