Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Window info problem

• Please log in to reply

rmprudente

rmprudente

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
I have an HP Pavilion and a few months ago the windows went nuts. The info inside each window is streched out so that I can't see everything. The tabs at the top of the window are fine and the bottons at the bottom are fine, it's just the info in between. For example, when I go to print something, the printer properties window pops up, the tabs are sized right as well as the bottom buttons but I can only see part of the setting info because it it all streched out, like it's zoomed in on and not the rest. It's driving me insane. :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Right click the desktop, click properties, click settings, what do you have for the resolution

rmprudente

rmprudente

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
1024 by 768 pixels, the others didn't look right.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is the monitor refresh rate correct

On a web page, click view then text size, is it set to medium

rmprudente

rmprudente

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
I'm not sure what the refresh rate is supposed to be but it's at 60 hertz. I'm pretty sure I never changed it but I could be wrong.
As for the browser, it dosen't say what it's at, just gives the option to select increase, decrease or nornal. The browser window dosen't have the sizing problem though it's just the message box type windows, and what's weird is that it's not all of them. Just the ones like the printer properties window and a few others that I can't think of at the moment. Sorry, I know i have the problem in other windows but I have a bad memory, LOL.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got the video adapter drivers on a CD

rmprudente

rmprudente

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Ok, you had brought up the refresh rate, and I checked it out. Since it is set to only display rate's that will work I tried swiching it to 70 hertz. That did it so far as I can tell. I went to print something, clicked on properties and the window was right. Thanks for the help!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know