Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

zone alarm window problem

• Please log in to reply

Agentx2

Agentx2

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
everytime when i lauch steam to play natural selection and then i exit i see a zonealarm window on my taskbar. i try to close it or whatever etc but i can get it to go away but i still have the application runningbut its just the taskbar zonealarmp pro thing that is annoying me. any idea on how to stop that without ending that program or rebooting?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Right click it and click open or maximize to see if it is smart defender

Clcik the taskbar icon to see if Zone Alarm wants you to allow or deny anything

Agentx2

Agentx2

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
"i try to close it or whatever etc". neither works.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download the trial, click install, when it says upgrade or clean install, choose clean install

Agentx2

Agentx2

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
nvm. a windows generic process ended it for the windows update operating system while a norton scan was half way done. and it was a confirmation of the za pro trial fw. this should be solved in 11 days b/c it expires thanks though. i guess ill just have to deal with it for that period of time.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you tried uninstalling it with add / remove

It will get worse when the trial ends as it wil keep prompting you to buy it

Click start then run, type msconfig then press enter, click start up and remove any ZA ticks, click apply and reboot

Agentx2

Agentx2

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
i dont want to remove it. b/c i have it where when it expires it will roll back to the free zone alarm reg version. and all the ticks are out i just have every settings set to max even to block javascipt. i think ill be fine if i have more problems ill post back.