Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

errors on startup

• Please log in to reply

gizmo

gizmo

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
;) :tazz:

I'm s computer novice with just enough information to get myself into trouble. I have a Dell Latittude laptop operating on windows 2000 pro and recently I've gotten bizzarre error messages during start up of the computer. They are not consistent and I don't know what they mean.

they all say the same thing about program not being able to start up with a different "extension??"

some samples are

G9gbqFO3W.exe
BriLylcm8.exe
49c.exe
IH.exe

I thought it would be some of the spyware and like I said, I'm dangerous enough to remove most anything, but not knowledgeable enough to really know what I need to keep operating.

Any thoughts?

Thank you for looking into it.

Gizmo of TX

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Let us take a closer look at what is running on your PC. We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool (HiJackThis) and post a log as a new topic in the Hijack This forum. It will get a better response there from the people most qualified to analyze logs.

Click the HijackThis Guide in my signature, download it and follow the recommendations in the guide. Also see this post.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

gizmo

gizmo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
:tazz:

Thank you Admin for replying, but when I clicked on the Hijack This Forum link, my computer would not open that particular page. I'm not sure where to put my Hijack log.

THanks again

gizmo