Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asus GF6600 256MB

• Please log in to reply

Pentium D

Pentium D

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hey guys.

i have Asus GeForce 6600 256MB, and i don't want to buy any other Graphics card. i just wanna know if it's good in performance (Games.. etc) if i have:

MoBo: Asus P5ND2 SLi Deluxe
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz
Memory: 512MB DDRII 533MHz (Samsung)

and if you have any Notes about the products listed above (but not about the cpu). please reply me :tazz:

Thanks.

Edited by Pentium D, 02 January 2006 - 05:41 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Increasing the RAM Memory would be good

I will move this to games as they will know about the card's gaming performance

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
I've not had any real experience with this card but the 6600 series will play games quite nicely. You probably won't be ble to have all the eye candy on but it should do the job

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Why ask if you are set on buying the card no matter what we say?

I have a freind with a 6600GT and he payed far too much money for it and they are still very expensive, alot of other cards would do a better job, if its not a GT i wouldnt buy it at all unless you are getting it ridiculously cheaply.

Game performance is ok on medium settings for most games some of the newer ones will be a little slow on those settings at times, and im talking the GT here not the vanilla 6600 which is less powerful. Another 512mb of ram would help if you want to play games.

Conclusion its ok if you are getting it cheap but there are better alternatives to one at the normal retail price.