Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The Graphics Card to last

• Please log in to reply

darkforce2002

darkforce2002

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Hey Guys i've been on the other forum and operation_ivy recommended some graphics card that will last games for a couple of years at least and still wudnt cost me ALOT . i wanna play games like BF2,CoD2 and F.E.A.R which my geforce 4 mx 440 64 MB will never be able to play ...
anyway he recommended these ati radeon x850 pro or downgrade to 700 series (to save money),BFG 6800 ATi radeon 9800,BFG 6600...
for some reason i get more comfortable with Geforces...what wud u suggest ?
a lot of opinions required :tazz:
And yeah,my mother board supports one AGP slot 8x/4x whatever that means...lol

Advertisements

akashlee

akashlee

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
ahhhhhhhhhhhh yes.....................
the graphic card problem
which i have :tazz:

i don't have the money to buy one at the moment but if u do..........
then do it. make sure it will last you. don't get it if you are getting a new and really good cpu with xp soon. :)

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well you can get most gfx cards from the last generation there is no card that will last forever, the x850 would last a while at least but the new version of direct x is coming out which will completely outdate alot of cards.

An x700 would certainly do you fine though, it wouldnt play them on high settings like the x850 would but it would do, also the system you have is also a factor so if your system is lacking in ram or cpu the ability to play those games will be affected no matter if you have the fastest card.

ATi are generally cheaper and offer better cards at that budget level alot of the nvidia vards at the lower end arent as good and lack some of the features.