Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is this a good comp?

• Please log in to reply

tommyboy

tommyboy

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Yes id like to get feedback from people and tell what i should change or what i should remove. thx

here are my specs.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Motherboard: ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard NFORCE4-SLI S939 DDR 2XPCI-E16 2PCI-E 3PCI SATA RAID LAN Sound 1394 (220.93$)

Processor: AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4400+ DUAL CORE PROCESSOR S939 TOLEDO 2.2GHZ 1MBX2 90NM RETAIL BOX

Hard Drive: 250 GB Western Digital Caviar® SE16 Drive, 7200 RPM Drive, 16 MB Cache, SATA 300 MB/s
36 GB WD Raptor® Enterprise Serial ATA, 10,000 RPM, 8 MB Cache (Drive Only)

Ram: PQI Turbo 1024MB Dual Channel PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory (2 x 512MB)

Fan: NMB-MAT (Panaflo) M1A 120MM Cooling Fan 2100RPM 85.5CFM 35.5DBA 3PIN No Sensor

Power supply: Fortron FSP/SPI SAGA AX450-PN 450W ATX12V 20/24PIN Power Supply W/ 120MM Fan P4 AMD Ready Retail

Video Card: Chaintech GeForce 6600 GT / 128MB DDR3 / PCI Express / SLI Ready / VGA / DVI / TV Out / Video Card (x2)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so far this is what i got. thanks for the help

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Whats the system going to be for, you dont need that raptor for anything they arent worth the money, and ive never heard of the power supply brand so i dont know if its a reliable brand. Good choice on the cpu thats a good one.

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
Would recommend the p180 for that build- is a great case

If your spending the money- i would really get 2 gig ram ( 2 sticks of 1 gig dual channel)

Also see if you can make the upgrade to a 6800

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah definatley get something else gfx wise 6600GTs are pretty pants.