Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Nasty Nasty...PC Truly Hijacked!

• Please log in to reply

astasballs

astasballs

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok firstly my apologies if this is the wrong forum. I am unable to provide you with a hijack this log because this nasty little thing has removed my dial up networking connections so i am unable to get on-line to post my logs and i presntly on another machine sorry if this cripples me before i even start!
I'm using windows XP and initially i was getting my dial up connection appearing on the screen constantly. Also my background changed to a web page that stated that my machine was infected and i should on a link that would run a virus\spyware scan for me. And also in the bottom right hand corner of the screen a red dot with white x appeared stating that my machine was infected. Ok i ran adware and eidow in safe mode and found a number of virus infected files which were removed. I restarted and immediatly the dial up connection appeared but my little red dot didn't. Now i fiound that it had actually removed my default dial up and wouldn't allow me to create a new one and i also found that my sound card had been messed with and could not be accessed. I am assuming that this all stems from the initial infection? Ok i have found a way to re-start my dial up networking but eventaully am gona need help with getting rid of this thing. know i'm no real help with out the logs but if i can get it running and connecting i'll post them straight away. Has anyone else experienced this problem and maybe hasd a solution? Many thanks in advance.

Advertisements