Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multimedia Audio Control

• Please log in to reply

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
yup its that time again, speaker trouble still!!!! <_< so i tried the advice you all posted many times and none of them work, so i took out my sound card, put it bak in and my speakers didnt work but my headphones started to work again so i waz atleast happy with that, then i guess i had to reinstall bak a pci card that i took out so i put it bak in the machine and as soon i booted bak up the machine the headphones didnt work again

so i took out the sound card, put it bak in (each time makin sure my hands were grounded and all and didnt touch any of the main connections in the sound card) and then closed the case and booted up the machine, when i logged into my name a message came up that said, multimedia audio control waz not found and that they were gonna try to install this and i got some hope that something was gonna work... they looked in the internet, and i tried the windows update but got nothing so im stuck here wiht ouut and sound(even with headphones) and im really fed up with this sound issue, and its hard for u guys to keep giving me advice especially when u dont have this computer infront of you so i really thank you guys for all the help you have given me and keep up the good work

p.s. if i were to take the speakers that dont work wit this computer and try it on a different machine, could that test if the speakers have an issue?

Advertisements

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
Sure, go ahead and try them in another computer and see if they work. If they don't, then the speakers are bad. Do you have the driver cd to the sound card?

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
yea i have a sound blaster cd but when i install that (which it already is i believe, it doesnt do anything and they still have a problem, even when i uninstall, reinstall and try everything)

p.s. everytime i try to find a website on my computer it always comes up to another website that has certain "profanity" on it and i do not look at such things haha so i dont know how they could have gotten on there? could it be through downloads off the internet such as drivers, friends photo albums or anything? i checked for spywear but i have none and its really disturbing to see such stuff on my screen when i surf the web, i cannot accsess most websites now (i have to use another account to accsess a website now)

please help

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
For your spyware problems, let us take a closer look at what is running on your PC. We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool (HiJackThis) and post a log back here with the results.

Click the HijackThis Guide in my signature, download it and follow the instructions in the guide.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.