Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help With iPod Video! About : Movies

• Please log in to reply

evangeline

evangeline

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi everyone

I've been having real trouble putting movies onto my new iPod video :tazz: (which i got for Christmas). Iv finally got videos on using Videora, but even then there are 3 videos that wouldnt go on (if anyone can help me on that subject i would be grateful!) But the real problem is the movies. I've converted them with Videora but iTunes doesnt recognise the MPEG format of the movies :) And so when I went to London lastweek, i asked someone in Harrods who was looking after the electronic section in HMV. He said to download the Quicktime 7 (which I have, as it came with the iTunes set-up) and then to open a movie with Quicktime and it should convert for iTunes. However when I tryed this 2day, it said the file type I needed was "Movie" and when i try to open any of my movies with Quicktime, there is no file there to convert! And if I try to open any of the movies I have converted to MPEG format, Quicktime says error 2048: the file is not a movie file. HELP ME!!! I am lost and need help!! Thanks alot! Evangeline :)

Edited by evangeline, 02 January 2006 - 11:43 AM.

Advertisements

Agentx2

Agentx2

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
get a good coder like power dvd. its called or from cyberlink that might help. look it up first.

evangeline

evangeline

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
[/quote] Thanks I'l try that! Hope it works! Thanks for the advice :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
We have a tutorial chec it out on the tutorial and guides forum.

ksgirl22

ksgirl22

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am having the same exact problem as you, and am getting the same errors and messages. If you figured this out, please leave me a message. Thanks!

evangeline

evangeline

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok ksgirl 22 will do! One of my m8s may give me a hand so hopefully if the cyberlink/power dvd doesnt work; hopefully her info will. Gd luck 2 u! Evi xox

tron 1

tron 1

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi everyone

I've been having real trouble putting movies onto my new iPod video :tazz: (which i got for Christmas). Iv finally got videos on using Videora, but even then there are 3 videos that wouldnt go on (if anyone can help me on that subject i would be grateful!) But the real problem is the movies. I've converted them with Videora but iTunes doesnt recognise the MPEG format of the movies :) And so when I went to London lastweek, i asked someone in Harrods who was looking after the electronic section in HMV. He said to download the Quicktime 7 (which I have, as it came with the iTunes set-up) and then to open a movie with Quicktime and it should convert for iTunes. However when I tryed this 2day, it said the file type I needed was "Movie" and when i try to open any of my movies with Quicktime, there is no file there to convert! And if I try to open any of the movies I have converted to MPEG format, Quicktime says error 2048: the file is not a movie file. HELP ME!!! I am lost and need help!! Thanks alot! Evangeline :)

tron 1

tron 1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Well for all you creatures who cant upload video to Ipod I find this one very simple to do and free, but be patient until you have the hang of it. Ipod uses MP4 format.

Download the freeware "DVD shrink" and ensure you have you installed it. Open shrink then place a DVD into your burner. Select open files from the shrink display. Shrink will first analyze ( 2 mins) then you will a whole host of files. Select Re author (you dont need all the files) and you can now drag from the right window the main movie file over to the left side.( its the biggest file). Select back up and ensure you have enough free hard drive to store. I use a seperate G drive. Pending on your machine this can take 25 -35 minutes or so.

Once backed up Click on the folder that states the name of the dvd then open the folder and click on video TS file (not audio). You might still see several files safe bet its the VTS 1.01 usually over 1 gb. This is the file to covert.

part two:

download "videorama" freeware". install and unzip. once in the program select "covert" hit browse and then find your saved dvd files on your hard drive.. Select the largest VTS file and hit open. If its working it will say Converting VTS fob bla bla to MP4. You should see green markers and a percentage level. This takes a while a full concert took four hours though the file was 1.5 gb and 2.18 hours long. Tip in Videorama you can alter the volume setting do so to 75 -80% prior to coversion, it makes a big difference trust me.

Now here the trick. If you have succesfully converted the MP4 file it is saved on your hard drive. ( you cannot convirt direct from the burner period) go into the videorama file and go into the video file, your conversion will be there as a TS file.

Now attach the ipod and create new play list (call it video ) drag the MP4 file over to the playlist , it will state copying file. once copied open up the playlist right click and change the name from VTS 01. to your DVD name. Once changed, drag the file across to your ipod (not the library) it will now copy and state "updating I Pod" I use manual upload as I find it's easier to move files around. Once the file is in your ipod "under movies" you can take the files off your playlist and save memory. Erase all files from your hard drive also to save space.

The picture quality is superb. Just make sure the ipod video settings are in Video TV in . If you get sound and no picture go by and change the settings if you have sound you have picture.

If you want to play the video on a TV use a standard AV digital plug and use the "red" for Video- white and yellow audio( apple thought we were stupid). Set the pod for either NTSC or PAL and change to TV "out"

good luck

tron 1

ksgirl22

ksgirl22

• Pip
  • 2 posts
yesterday I tried to do the video again and I changed some things and it worked! ^^I had already done all of this, but thanks neways. First off, make sure you decrypted your DVD thing...the decyrption tool i downloaded can be found at http://www.videora.c...ter/guides.html
Scroll down until you see "DVD to Ipod" in bold, and there should be a link you can click for the DVD encrypter. The screen goes to a message that says it can't find it, so just click Ctrl -F and type "dvd decrypter" and a link for the download will be found. Download this software. Once you have downloaded it, put your DVD in and start the program. The thing I didn't do but i changed is: on the right side of the program (DVD encrypter) there's a box...click "stream processing." Then click "enable stream processing." and only click the first to boxes...they should be checked. Then decrypt the DVD and start videora...before I had all the boxes clicked and it didn't work. AFter, only clicking the first two boxes (video & audio) the dvd worked! I hope this helps you.

p.s. make sure you delete the old decryption of your dvd and the old movie, so you don't get confused of which one is new. you basically have to start all over. good luck.

evangeline

evangeline

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi
:woot: :tazz: Thank u both sooooooo much for spending all this time writing up what to do! Currently working hard i need 2 find time to do this but i will make space for it. :) It sounds a bit confusing but im sure il get the hang of it! I already have a DVD Decryptor and Videora so i should be all set once iv got DVD Shrink. If it works il give u a buzz, :) or if my m8 has any more info il add that 2 to help others. U all have been gr8!! Thanks a bunch!!! Evi xoxoxoxoxox