Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I Need a Tech experts help with cd r-rw / dvd / floppy drive problem

• Please log in to reply

cash2burn

cash2burn

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

I'm running an Athlon with windows XP home. Everything was working ok for a long time, over a year and all of a sudden when I put a disk in either the cd-r/rw or dvd drives, it doesn't show what is on the disk just a blank page opens. The drives do spin like they are working. With the floppy drive, I put in a disk I have used before or any disk with contents on it and it says the disk in drive A is not formated, do you want to format it. These work in other computers so I know they are fine and it's not the disks. I have tried deleting the drivers and reinstalling them and even remove the drives from the list and let windows find them again but I still have the problem. They all show up in the control panel/system/devices list and when I click on them it says that each device is working properly. I tried the trouble shooting from there but it didn't help any. Anyone had this type of problem or know what might be the cause of this probelem? I don't know if it's something with the Internet Explorer 6 or what? I have the automatic windows updates turned on and do install the updates as they are released. I have tried various adware/spyware removal programs but it didn't help. This is driving me craZy, any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't use any of my drives, ;0(Thanks for your time and have a great new year ahead.

Paul

Edited by cash2burn, 03 January 2006 - 12:40 PM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go! Give this a shot:
http://www.geekstogo...tion=show&id=15