Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cleared cache, but now I my bookmarks aren't working correctly

• Please log in to reply

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
ok,

I use FF 1.5. recently had a problem with Windows after a critical update with IE 6.0. because of that I cleared my cache, cookies, temp files, etc.....

Now whenever I go to any of the forums I frequent, I have to log in everytime, rather then the system remembering me, even after I have selected the remmber me option. it didnt' forget my login name or my password, it just isn't keeping me logged in. any ideas on how to fix this??

Thanks

Advertisements

Knyght

Knyght

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I get this, too. Nothing to do with any cache I cleared, though, and it's been doing it since 1.1, which was a fresh install as I'd just upgraded and had to reinstall XP. No matter how many times I check the 'remember me' boxes, it still hates my guts.

In an effort to not just say "me too", have you checked tools->options->privacy->cookies and checked that 'Keep Cookies:' is set to 'until they expire'?

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
that took care of it. I usually have them set up that way, but somehow, it apparently got switched to delete when closeing FF.

Thanks.