Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Blank screen when resuming from standby mode

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have an emachines T2984 running windows XP Home Edition. I have an emachines eview 17f3 moniter.

When I place my computer into standby mode by pressing start; turn off computer; standby it goes into standy mode. Then when I move the mouse or press the button on the front of the machine to resume the computer from standby mode with the moniter turned off their is a blank black screen when I turn the moniter on.

If if place the computer into standby mode and leave the moniter on and then resume it, it resumes just fine.

To sum this up, if my moniter is powered on my computer resumes just fine,
If my moniter is turned off then my computer resumes as a blank black screen.

Can anybody help me,

Thanks for any help.

Edited by duke69111, 04 January 2006 - 01:24 AM.