Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

linksys modem?router

• Please log in to reply

foxlighter

foxlighter

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
i have got this linksys modem/router, 354g wierless, 802.11g and i have been trying to get this modem to
work, at the moment i have a voyager modem>usb>adsl>105>bt, now i dont know if im suppose to take
all the voyager stuff of my pc,when i first got my linksys modem/router, the first thing i did is to fix every
thing into the right places and then typed this number into the address> 192.168.1.1.or somthing like that,
anyway i did all the right things and thought all was good but i could not get out onto the net because this
message keeps coming up to say that it could not display this page and i cant get out no matter what i do
and everything is ok ip address is right and i have had some one els look at it and he cant get anywhere with it, now when you go into,click start>conect>to>there is this fire wall connection and if you double click on
this its enabled and you get three like tv screens and it looks as if your out onto the web but as soon as you go to internet explorer and type an address the screen go white and you can type what ever you want but no joy,any help on this subject would be very good, and thank you126p.jpg

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you tried disabeling the firewall? just as a test?

foxlighter

foxlighter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
no but i give it try

foxlighter

foxlighter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
no luck still the same