Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

audio driver won't work

• Please log in to reply

makihara

makihara

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
hello

i recently had to do a fresh install of windows along with a reformat of course.

(probably not important but the cause of the reformat was due to a restart loop that could not be stopped through safe mode or anything else. Possibly hardware related)

i have windows xp and a dell dimension 2400

i use the dell resources CD and under audio drivers is:

"analog devices ADI 198x integrated audio rev: AO8-00"

so i extract the files, then install. Only to be stopped by an error message saying "driver not found. Please reboot and try again"

under device manager i have yellow ? next to "multimedia audio controller" and "PCI SImple communications controller"

anyone know where i can get an updated version?
thanks
makihara

oh my other small problem. My keyboard has an @ sign and a " sign. THe only problem is they are in reversal from what i punch in on the keyboard and what appears i.e. i press quotation marks but i get @ sign on the screen.

Advertisements

makihara

makihara

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
The audio problem is now fixed. Sorry to be a bother. I just found a newer version on the dell homepage.

but can anyone help me with the keyboard problem?

thanks
makihara

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi

The reason for the keyboard problem is usually because XP has been configured to use the wrong input language (English [UK] rather than English [USA] or vice versa, for example).

If you open control panel & double click the Regional & Language Options icon, you should be able to change the default keyboard layout to the one you require.

makihara

makihara

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
thanks very much

issue solved :tazz:

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts