Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

After XP repair reinstall... no virtual memory page file

• Please log in to reply

whiffenpoof78

whiffenpoof78

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I just did a repair reinstall of windows XP because my computer wouldn't boot. During the installation, I got the error message:
sub component COM+ raised an exception while processing the OC_COMPLETE_INSTALLATION setup message. d:\nt\com\com1x\scr\complussetup\compsetup\csetuputil.cpp (line 3406) ERROR CODE=0x8007007f
The specified procedure could not be found. Failed to load the library 'c:\windows\system32\catsrv.dll'
The computer boots now but gives a warning that there is no page file. I have gone to the System portion of control panel and monkeyed with the page file settings but it hasn't changed and the computer doesn't run properly.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
whiffenoeef (I'm not even going to ask),

Start > run
cmd
<enter>

type

cd \windows\system32
regsvr32 ole32.dll
regsvr32 oleaut32.dll

Reboot.

Help?

whiffenpoof78

whiffenpoof78

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the response! I have to wait 'til I get home from work to try it (breathless with anticipation). I'll let you know.

whiffenpoof78

whiffenpoof78

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Gerry,
I tried your suggestion and unfortunately nothing has changed. Thanks anyway...