Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cleaning/clearing History

• Please log in to reply

mikell808

mikell808

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
I have about 20 items in my history that still show up, I have done a number of cleanup items and these just don't go. I have run the following: a) of course ran clear history from the IE properties menu. b) Ran Cleanup. c) Ran Clean Disk 2002. Even windows explorer looking into every history folder in the Documents and Settings. I am running XP Home with all updates. Any suggestions on where these items might be hiding.

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
have you tried ccleaner? http://www.ccleaner.com/

if that doesn't do it, it seems that maybe you have some malware on your computer and you should probably do a scan.