Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

start up

• Please log in to reply

meritks

meritks

• Pip
  • 2 posts
We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

This is the message i get with my PCV-RZ46G SONY VAIO, I have read simular problems pertaining to the above statement and mine is no exception, I have all the same problems, I was just wondering if someone could give me the step by step solution for this problem with my Sony?

I have the recovery disks that i was prompeted to make upon start-up of the computer at time of purchase.

If I do get my operating system to come back online, will i have lost all info not backed up or will it still be available?
Thanks, meritks

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
While starting your computer tap the F8 key once every second during the memory count up, or during the system spash screen where you see the system maker's name (HP, COMPAQ, DELL....etc.)

This will result in a text based menu. Use the curors/arrorw keys to navigate to SAFE MODE and hit enter.

Does the problem recur in safe mode?

meritks

meritks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
IVE TRIED EVERYTHING I KNOW TO DO! IVE REBOOTED IN SAFE MODE AND PRESSED F8 & F10 (AS SONY REQUESTED) IT WILL GO THRU ALL THE PROCEDURES ASKING ABOUT THE C & D DRIVES (MEDIA CENTER) AT THE END OF SET UP IT TELLS ME A FILE IS MISSING, SO I TRY START UP FROM THE START UP, RECOVERY DISCS THAT SONY PROMPTED ME TO MAKE AT ORIGINAL START UP, IT GOES THRU THE SEQUIENCE THEN AT THE ASKS FOR DISC 1 AFTER I INSERT THE START UP DISC IT LOADS DISC 1 BUT NEVER ASKS FOR DISC 2 BUT IT STILL LOADS TO 100% WHEN IT WAS ALL SAID AND DONE IT TELLS ME THAT THERE IS NO OPERATING SYSTEM AVAILIABLE!