Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows would not boot up

• Please log in to reply

Torchred

Torchred

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I recently replaced a computer after it "died". what happenned was my mouse froze on the screen and I had no keyboard response. I held in the off button until it shutdown , but then when I went to reboot I had nothing going to the monitor. no signal at all. I tried the monitor on my other copmputer and it worked fine. I had no beeps during boot up and the hard drive ran continually. I have installed that harddrive in an external case and it seems to be working fine. I have scanned it and can find no virus's or anything on it. I had the power source checked and it was good. Could it be my mother board, video card etc etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Torch

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If it boots to safe mode it could be the video card drivers

Torchred

Torchred

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Actually it wouldn't boot to anything, the hard drive just continued running no matter what I did, tried all the keys for safe boot etc etc. nothing worked.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Sounds for all the world like a fried CPU