Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dual Channel RAM

• Please log in to reply

afg34

afg34

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
HI

"On an AMD based system, if supported, dual channel makes little to no difference as AMD processors (with the exception of the FX-53) do not take advantage of the increased bandwidth"

http://www.everbest.on.ca/ver2/faq.php

Is this true??

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
No it makes a pretty big difference in performance.

afg34

afg34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
ok so dual channel is faster. ok thnx

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
by about 30%.

afg34

afg34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
warriorscott i was wondering if i should get your exact same hardrive as you, the maxtor diamondmax 10 200 gb with 16 mb buffer or should i get a seagate 7200.8 250 gb. There is very little diference in price. I read some reviews on the maxtor one and they weren't nice.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Drives great although i have the 8meg version. By far the cheapest drives on the market but that might be a thing about where i live ATI cards are alot cheaper here than they are in the us and other places, if the 250gig seagate is about the same price i would get that just because its bigger.

I wont buy another seagate drive anytime soon after my last one had its fluid bearing rupture and give me the biggest fright of my life when it soaked the inside of the computer but those things happen to all drives eventually and all brands every now and again i did get a good run out of it before it went bad.

Go with whatever offers the best value for money.

afg34

afg34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
thnx man